The Culinary Art of Cambodia | តម្រាភោជនាហារ
by Princess Rasmi Sobbhana Norodom & Angkor Database
Publisher: A Templation Angkor Resort/MAADS/Angkor Database Publication | Siem Reap, Cambodia
Published: May 2021
Languages : English, Khmer
Cook Like A Cambodian Princess | ធ្វើម្ហូបដូចព្រះនាងរាជាខ្មែរ
The Culinary Art of Cambodia, by H.R.H. Princess Norodom Rasmi Sobbhana, great-aunt of H.M. King Sihamoni of Cambodia. A 184-page, richly illustrated book containing:
- historic background presentation
- the complete 1960 English edition, with some 300 culinary recipes and tips
- the 170 recipes in Khmer selected by the Princess for publication in the Royal Family Bulletin (BMD) from year 1970
- 200 photos of Princess Rasmi Sobbhana and the Royal Family, re-created dishes and from the book making-of, including the ceremony offered in tribute to Princess Rasmi Sobbhana by the Sacred Dancers of Angkor in September 2020.
- Five three-course menus selected and realized by the Heritage Sisters (Mesdames Men Chandevy, Men Sodany and Men Sotheavy) to reflect today's relevance of Princess Norodom Rasmi Sobbhana's culinary art.
Inspiration for new generations
- Sabay News inviting readers to cook like Samdech Kanitha
- Cambodia Next Top Model Chan Kongka talks about reading The Culinary Art oF Cambodia (video)
- With the sale proceeds of the book, The Samdech Rasmi Sobbhana Scholarship is supporting female students to attend higher education cycles at the Royal University of Fine Arts.
21 USD (all sale proceeds are going the Sobbhana Foundation for Women and to the Wat Rasmi Sobbhana (Reaksmey Sophorn), the Kandal Province pagoda named after the Princess.
About the Authors
Princess Rasmi Sobbhana Norodom
H.R.H. Princess Norodom Rasmi Sobhana (សម្តេចព្រះរាជកនិដ្ឋា នរោត្តម រស្មីសោភ័ណ្ឌ, Samdech Preah Reach Kanitha Norodom Reaksmey Sophoan in Khmer, Nov. 1898, Phnom Penh -1971, Phnom Penh), daughter of Prince Norodom Sutharot and Princess Norodom Phangangam, was the sister of King Norodom Suramarit, sister-in-law of Queen Kossamak of Cambodia and aunt of King Norodom Sihanouk.
Unmarried, she dedicated her life to social action, in particular the education and empowerment of young women in the Kingdom of Cambodia, as a teacher at Phnom Penh Sutharot School and as the author of two published books: Motifs décoratifs Khmers à l'usage de la broderie (1954) and L'Art de la cuisine cambodgienne (1960).
In 1995, H.R.H. Princess Norodom Ranaridh Marie created the Samdech Rasmi Sobbhana Women's Foundation, named after S.A.R. Princess Rasmi Sobhana. Initially a shelter for war orphans and refugee children on the Thai-Cambodian border, the Sobbhana Foundation opened three training centers helping young Cambodians to master traditional craft skills such as silk weaving, embroidery or wood carving.
Angkor Database - មូលដ្ឋានទិន្នន័យអង្គរ - 吴哥数据库
All you want to know about Angkor and the Ancient Khmer civilization, how it keeps attracting worldwide attention and permeates modern Cambodia.
Indexed and reviewed books, online documentation, photo and film collections, enriched authors' biographies, searchable publications.
ជាអ្វីគ្រប់យ៉ាងដែលអ្នកទាំងអស់គ្នាចង់ដឹងអំពីអង្គរ, អរិយធម៌ខ្មែរពីបុរាណ, និងមូលហេតុអ្វីដែលធ្វើឲ្យមានការទាក់ទាញចាប់អារម្មណ៍ពីទូទាំងពិភពលោកបូករួមទាំងប្រទេសកម្ពុជានាសម័យឥឡូវនេះផងដែរ។