Cheltenham-born and bred, Andy Brouwer (1959, UK) made his first trip to Cambodia in 1994, and that white-knuckle ride hooked him for life. He upped sticks to Phnom Penh in 2007 after more than thirty years in banking back in the UK to join Hanuman Films.
As well as having a serious obsession in temples, books -- he’s the editor of the guidebook To Cambodia With Love --, and pretty much all things Khmer, he is a lifetime supporter of Leeds United and has an insatiable passion for the music of Steel Pulse and Ennio Morricone. His website relives his numerous visits to Cambodia, and more.
During his time living in Cambodia, he’s been a producer and researcher for Hanuman Films, a product manager at Hanuman Travel, and the media officer with Phnom Penh Crown FC. Since 2020, he developed a personal research, Exploring Khmer Art Worldwide, published as an ongoing series on his Facebook page, that will be soon hosted on Angkor Database.
- Khmerartworldwide_index: Khmer Art Worldwide
- Khmerartworldwide: The Giant Garuda of Koh Ker
- Khmerartworldwide: Shiva Ardhanarishvara (“God is a Half-Woman”), I
- Khmerartworldwide: Shiva Ardhanarishvara (“God is a Half-Woman”), II
- Khmerartworldwide: The Strange "Exchange" of Khmer Art Between EFEO and Japan, 1941
- Khmerartworldwide: King Jayavarman VII in Angkor Thom
- Khmerartworldwide: The Battle of Bhima versus Duryodhana – Prasat Chen, Koh Ker
- Khmerartworldwide: Vishnu, Rama, Balarama - Phnom Da
- Khmerartworldwide: Lintel - Prasat Sralao
- Khmerartworldwide: Harihara - Phnom Da
- Khmerartworldwide: Leper King or Yama – Terrace of the Leper King
- Khmerartworldwide: Shiva and Uma, Husband and Wife - Banteay Srei
- Khmerartworldwide: Vajimukha - Prasat Neang Khmau
- Khmerartworldwide: Bronze Reclining Vishnu – West Mebon
- Khmerartworldwide: Khmer Art at The National Gallery of Australia